YahooXtra | change your password
Updated 18 Feb 2013
Around 60,000 compromised XtraYahoo accounts' passwords reset by internet service provider. Details here:
Telecom advises all customers to change their email passwords.
5:00 am 12 Feb 2013
- Telecom has acknowledged that its YahooXtra email service had been compromised by hackers.
- Telecom confirmed the rogue emails could have been sent out without any involvement from account holders.
- The vulnerability had been addressed, but Telecom advised all customers to change their email passwords.
Telecom "how to change your Xtra password"
About APNK Public Computers
- Always ensure the APNK public computer has restarted before use.
- Restarting the computer deletes any changes made to the hard drive.
- Restarting ensures personal browsing history, downloads, and saved files are wiped from the hard drive for good.
The APNK maintains a high level of security on our network, wireless network and public computers including: up-to-date anti-virus applications, malware detection, vigorous network security policy, non approved program blocking & "frozen state" on public computers. The APNK strongly recommends that for your personal computer you:
- run an up-to-date anti-virus and anti-malware program
- on Windows systems run regular Windows Updates
- use a Firewall.