Collection, storage and use
2. Personal information collected We routinely and automatically log web traffic on the Network as well as device connections to the Network. The specific information collected is as follows:
3. With the exception of the information referred to in paragraph 4 below, no information is collected that would independently link specific devices or specific requests to individual users. Any personal information that a user might intentionally or unintentionally save on a PC connected to the Network is automatically wiped from the PC when the PC is rebooted.
4. GoGo Self Reservation In libraries that have GoGo Self Reservation installed, if users use their library membership cards to reserve a PC connected to the Network, we log the membership card number and the PC that was reserved.
5. Holding/use of information We store personal information for a period of 30 days to assist in any troubleshooting of network or system issues and to assist with resolving any issues that may be affecting a user’s experience on the Network. The data is accessed only by authorised staff. Following the period of 30 days all records (except the high-level statistics) created through this logging process are automatically destroyed.
6. Use of statistical information We publish high-level statistical information regarding use of the Network on the Aotearoa People’s Network Kaharoa website. This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying.
Rights of access and correction
7. Your rights Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access and to request correction of any of your personal information provided to DIA in connection with your use of this Network. If you would like to see the personal information relating to you that DIA has stored, or to change such personal information, or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at the address set out below. DIA may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
The Privacy Office
Department of Internal Affairs
PO Box 805
Phone: 04 495 7200
8. Privacy Commissioner If you are not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10-094
Wellington, New Zealand
Phone: 04 474 7590
Enquiries Line (from Auckland): 302 8655
Enquiries Line (from outside Auckland): 0800 803 909
Fax: 04 474 7595
9. Requests from third parties We may receive requests from third parties, including Law Enforcement agencies, for access to the information we collect. Unless authorised or required by law, we will not share any personal information.